Redheugh Park, The Heed's former home. Games now played at Gateshead International Stadium but see below for future plans
For a Haven sent Holiday Break
Click this Link
Click the link
Gateshead AFC History
The Heed was formed in 1930 when South Shields, members of the Football League's old Third Division North, moved to Gateshead because of financial difficulties.
The newly formed team almost capitalised immediately on their good fortune when only Lincoln City's superior goal average denied them promotion to the second division in just their second season of League football.
The FA Cup of 1953 provided the club with
its finest hour when cup fever gripped the town. They got to the quarter finals. Click the above link for the full history
The proposed new stadium planned for the former North Durham Rugby ground on Prince Consort Road. Two more seasons only at The International Stadium are expected before the Heed moves into its new state of the art Stadium
The Felling Heritage Group